]I[ndefatigablezz
Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s Itabim10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

]I[ndefatigablezz
Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s Itabim10
]I[ndefatigablezz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to INDEFATIGABLEZz.. ]EsT: Sep09 - 2014[
]Championship[ 2014 Soon this Summer Smile
Top posters
JUGGERNAUT (1522)
1522 Posts - 50%
350 Posts - 11%
257 Posts - 8%
uzair (160)
160 Posts - 5%
titans (156)
156 Posts - 5%
RBT (137)
137 Posts - 4%
King Kong (136)
136 Posts - 4%
don (133)
133 Posts - 4%
anksssss (129)
129 Posts - 4%
goldspot (89)
89 Posts - 3%
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search

Go down
JUGGERNAUT
JUGGERNAUT
MASTER
MASTER

PLAYER PROFILE
I-ID: 333
I-PRO: 51
https://indefatigablezz.rpg-board.net

Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s Empty Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 am
Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s

Bathinda: While the Golden Temple in Amritsar is no longer on their itinerary, US President Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle Obama, can trace her links to Punjab back to 1961 when her uncle, Nomenee Robinson, worked in the state as a Peace Corps volunteer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Robinson, an architect, was sent to Punjab to assist in building projects. Based at the Punjab Engineering College, he was associated with the institute's rural housing wing. He worked under then Punjab Financial Commissioner for Development Anthony Fletcher (ICS officer).

During his field work, Robinson stayed in Nasirpur village near Patiala, where he helped the residents in fabricating structures using a Cinva-Ram machine to make bricks from soil, sand, straw and a fraction of cement. In the course of his two-year stay in Punjab, Robinson travelled extensively with Indian engineers throughout the state, visiting Ludhiana, Sangrur, Jalandhar and Amritsar.

Asked about his Punjab stay, Robinson, now 73 and a Peace Corps recruiter, said in an e-mail to The Indian Express: "It crosses my mind every year since I left. I would love to be involved in some way with strategic and economic planning for regions of India."

Robinson, who went on to do his MBA from Harvard Business School after returning from India, said he enjoyed Punjabi food and hospitality. His best friends were a mix of Sikhs and Hindus, he said, recalling some names like Muktiah Singh, Jugdesh, Tunji, Vir, Raju and Sohan Lal.

Besides Punjab, Robinson also went to Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh. For three months, he was sent on an assignment to begin construction of trekking huts above Manali. "It was a most exciting, and sometimes thrilling, exposure to India and the cultures in the north," said Robinson.

"I'm proud to say I know India and its people in small ways, but profound ones," said Robinson, adding that he found his visit to Chandigarh "spellbinding", since he had read about the place during his university years.

Recalling some of his unforgettable memories, Robinson said: "On one occasion, Mr Fletcher took me to New Delhi when he assisted in Five Year Plan sessions. He arranged for me to chat with Jawaharlal Nehru in his private office. I shall never forget that experience, one that few Americans have ever had. I, a small boy from the inner city of Chicago, drinking tea, sitting and talking with one of the greatest men in our lifetime."

Source: The Indian Express

Don't you think this is a amazing fact and being a proud nation that president of United states of america's uncle worked in our nation..!
Anonymous

Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s Empty Re: Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:28 pm
OMG WOW MAN..HER UNCLE WORKED IN PUNJAB..OMG OMG OMG..THAT IS GREAT NEWS..JUST WHAT EVERY 1 HAS BEEN WANTING TO HEAR(Sarcasm)..Very Happy..jk..good good
Anonymous

Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s Empty Re: Michelle Obama’s uncle worked in Punjab in ’60s

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:31 pm
George Bush came to Pakistan..isnt that a proud fact Razz..more sarcasm
JUGGERNAUT
JUGGERNAUT
MASTER
MASTER

PLAYER PROFILE
I-ID: 333
I-PRO: 51
https://indefatigablezz.rpg-board.net

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 pm
yes, for now that's true coz
Obama had come india for just begging for the market share for their investors in india. to give livelihood for their unemployed people in U.S. their fore i'm not proud that her forfather came in india but i'm proud for the reason that so called former world power nation U.S have to come across and begg for something from developing nations. and that's true for the coming future and still today after china, india is in the run of upcoming world power run...!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum